The Thalian Hall in Wilmington, built in 1858, is the longest-surviving theater in the U.S. The building also served as an entertainment venue during the Civil War.
Distinct from other theaters, the Thalian Hall is both a political and cultural hub. Thousands of people gather here to watch musical shows and attend prestigious events.
Experience Live Entertainment at its Finest
Watch famous musicals live from the historic Thalian Hall in Wilmington, NC. A wonderful lineup of live theater shows include:
- Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!) from Dec 9 – 19
- Elf The Musical from Dec 10 – 19
- Footloose: The Musical on Dec 30th (7:30pm), Dec 31st (2pm) and Jan 2 – 15, 2022
- The Tortoise And The Hare on Jan 22nd, 2022 (11am)
- Piaf! The Show on Jan 29th, 2022 (7:30pm)
The hall also has film screenings of:
- The French Dispatch from Dec 13-14 (7pm) and Dec 15th (4 & 7 pm).
- Belfast from Dec 20-21 (7pm) and Dec 22nd (4 & 7pm)
- It’s A Wonderful Life on Dec 23rd (4 & 7pm)
You can see the complete schedule and book tickets at thalianhall.org. Apart from these, you can book a tour of the Thalian Hall and buy gift cards for your family and friends.
Where to Eat
After a show, it’s always fun to have a bite with your friends. There are plenty of GREAT food options near the Thalian Hall in Wilmington, NC. Here are some of the top-rated restaurants by local and international travelers:
- Genki SushiThis Japanese restaurant is found on New Center Drive and makes some of the best sushi in the world. They also have Chicken Teriyaki, Burikama and coconut cake. Click here for more info.
- SavorezThis Latin restaurant is located in Chestnut Street by the Old Flying Phi Building. It is approximately 0.1 miles from Thalian Hall Center for the Performing Arts. Find them on Facebook here.Savorez serves a delicious twist of shrimp and grits and have Vegetarian and Vegan options as well.
- Cousins Italian DeliThis Italian restaurant is situated in 7 N 3rd Street. They serve the best overstuffed sandwiches, pastas and salads. It’s a great place to eat with a big group. Find them on Facebook here.
- Taste the Olive & VineIf you’re looking for a classy atmosphere, Taste The Olive & Vine is the place to be. They serve wine and a charcuterie board full of scrumptious delicacies. This wine bar can be found in Princess Street. Click here for their website.
- CatchIf you’re fond of seafood, Catch is definitely a lunch or dinner option. Their best-selling options include Grouper, Lobster and crème brûlée for dessert. Catch is located along Princess Street. Click here for their reviews on Yelp!
Need to buy or sell a home in Wilmington? We’ve helped dozens and dozens of people get where they want to go. Please click here for our contact page if we can help you, too. Thanks!